Yoga Classes | At The Gilbert Clinic
As a chiropractic physician, I focus a lot of my efforts on prevention practices, and in the body’s ability to heal itself. Yoga is a great tool for staying healthy because it is based on similar principles.
The relaxation, meditation and breathing techniques incorporated into yoga can help improve a person’s mental well-being as well as lessen chronic pain, such as lower back pain, arthritis, headaches and neck pain.
- Increased flexibility
- Increased muscle strength and tone
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism
- Cardio and circulatory health
- Decreased blood pressure
- Improved athletic performance
- Protection from injury
- Increased body awareness
- Helps in managing stress
- Very effective in developing coping skills
- Helps in reaching a more positive outlook on life
- Relieves chronic stress patterns
- Relaxes the mind
- Centers attention
- Sharpens concentration
Because there are so many different kinds of yoga practices, it is possible for anyone to start. Whether you’re a couch potato or a professional athlete, size and fitness levels do not matter because there are modifications for every yoga pose and beginner classes in every style. The idea is to explore your limits, not strive for some pretzel-like perfection. It is a great way to get in tune with your body and your inner self.